It's free to sign up for a Rover account as a pet owner. Once you begin earning money by providing sitting or walking services to Rover pet owners, you'll take home 85% of your earnings from each booking.
The fees deducted from your rate cover:
- The Rover Guarantee, a reimbursement program primarily intended to protect pets.
- Your use of the Rover platform to meet new pet owners and manage your pet care services.
- Rover's marketing and promotions to attract new pet owners to the site.
- Rover’s dedicated support for emergencies, including a dedicated team of safety experts.
- VAT (if you’re not registered for VAT).
Note: If you are registered for VAT, the fees deducted from your rate will exclude VAT, and you’re liable for reporting VAT to the tax authorities.
To learn more about taxes and DAC7 requirements, visit this article.